Thursday, September 16, 2004
So, hey. How are you? Here's a few things I thought I'd share.
So I just thought I'd quickly update you and bring to your attention some of my recent thinkings. I'm sure there are more...I'll get back to you.
- Work on the analysis is going well. I'm getting some good numbers, as well as learning how to get the number by teaching myself statistics 101.
- The report, in which I, well, report and discuss the aforementioned numbers is going well. My supervisors are liking what they are seeing, and there's a great deal of positive encouragement.
- For the time being I've had to take on some annotation work as a means of funding. Time spent on that means time not spent on the PhD, but I'm streamlining my day to fit it in without to much loss of progress. And the money is needed so until other sources get through the pipeline, so be it.
- I've been thinking about personality. No one agrees on which model is best; the big 5, Eysenck's 3, Myers-Briggs types. I can see their point, each has it's merits. It would be interesting to have data on all possible classifications of people.
- Post titles. I wonder if there is anything in the titles people give their posts? Are they factual and to the point, do they just refer to the contents, do they mean anything, are they pop-culture literary references? Might be interesting.