Blogademia
Friday, September 16, 2005
 
Why Do YOU Blog
Well, I guess I don't need to make excuses for not posting...I have less than two weeks left and I am very busy. I worked from home yesterday ... which I know for many people is just an excuse to slack off ... and I got so much done. Not having high-speed internet access is so less distracting. No emails to reply to, no news to check up on, etc.

It really is very tiring. I'm working more each day, seeing my wife for less...that's the hardest part. Even though we are technically in the same place...I miss her...I know it's only for a couple more weeks though.

Writing is going well. I'm writing, revising, rechecking things, all those last minute tasks for a thesis. I haven't actually put it all together yet. I know it's going to look good and be a whole lot of pages, so I'm saving it for when I really need a boost.

...

In other news, it has been brought to my attention (thanks CT) that there is a recently completed Masters project by a girl at Northwestern University on why people blog.

I'm very sad to say that I don't really have time to read such an impressive looking piece of work at the moment (although I may always slip in its first citation) but it certainly looks interesting.

Of most interest to me are the gender differences:
Men claim higher approval of information motivation while women endorse self-documentation, self-expression, and passing time more.
As you know (or may not) part of my thesis is gender differences in the language of blogs. It would be interesting to see how motivation differences are reflected in language. So far I have found a number of traditional gender differences, but maybe motivation can explain others. What was that link again?


Nedstat Basic - Free web site statistics

Powered by Blogger